|Louise Marix Evans
Louise is an experienced sustainability consultant. In addition to ten years of research and project management in international charities, she has 12 years’ experience of climate change and low carbon support to local authorities, housing associations, social enterprises, co-ops and small businesses. Her expertise covers:
- Business support for small enterprises, covering planning ahead for sustainability, juggling it all, market segmentation to identify new opportunities and market research
- Impact evaluation of projects, programmes and organisations (including economic, environmental and social impacts) for charities, development programmes and campaigns
- Research for advocacy campaigns, practical how-to guides, briefings and training
- Sector knowledge: Low carbon and environmental goods and services sector, economic development and climate change policy, global supply chains (food and apparel), workers’ and women’s rights, community energy, renewable energy, public sector & third sector sustainability initiatives.
Gill has an engineering background and has worked in the sustainable energy field for over 20 years. During that time she has provided project development and project management consultancy to major international businesses, local authorities, small businesses and community organisations. Gill is a director of MORE Renewables and has mentored other community energy groups through the Co-operatives UK Community Energy Mentoring Scheme.
Gill’s expertise covers:
- Resource and energy efficiency audits and advice for companies and community organisations
- Supporting community renewable energy organisations through: setting up the organisation structure, assessing sites, developing leases, contracting with installers, gaining relevant agreements and permissions, and carrying out share offers
- Business planning for investment
- Research and support to local authorities and partners on climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies and projects for briefings, training and tailored support
- Data collection and analysis for financial, economic, CO2 and other modelling and reporting
- Sector knowledge: Low carbon and environmental goods and services sector, economic development and climate change policy, community energy, renewable energy, public sector & third sector sustainability initiatives.