Latest News: Recruitment for Barefoot Co-op and Community Development programme is open – details.
Localising the Economy through Sustainable Co-operative Enterprise
Co-op Culture is a co-operative consortium of co-operative and community advisors, entrepreneurs and enterprises. Our members and associates have a vast and varied experience of supporting co-operative, community and social enterprise to start and grow.
We deliver the following support and services:
- Feasibility studies and market planning.
- Business Planning.
- Financial planning.
- Community finance support including drafting community share offers.
- Advice on grant and loan finance.
- Advice on legal and organisational structures.
- Governance audit and advice on governance “health”.
- Facilitated planning for start-up or organisational change.
- Advice on measuring and reporting social impact.
- Delivery of training on all of the above.
We specialise in the following areas:
- Community Agriculture.
- Community Food Enterprise (food, co-ops, processing, retail and wholesale).
- Community Energy.
- Housing Co-operatives
- Community Land Trusts.
- Co-operative Bakeries.
- Woodland Social Enterprise and Social Forestry.
- Co-operative shared workspaces and hackspaces.
- Transition Enterprise.
Are you a co-operative or community enterprise looking to start or grow? Get in touch to discuss how we can help. If we can’t, we’ll know someone who can.
Coronavirus special announcement: Co-op Culture will continue to provide support to co-operatives and community businesses throughout the Covid-19 outbreak. To avoid inadvertently putting anyone in our communities at risk we will be moving all client meetings online. We will review training delivery over the next few weeks and update funders, customers and participants as relevant.
How we work
We will not work with organisations which exist primarily for the creation of private profit, consolidate the ownership of assets into private hands, adversely affect the natural environment, or exploit people and other animals. We provide support through support programmes and as a consultancy service.
Complaints: If you want to make a complaint about our services please see our complaints procedure.